- 8-10 apples
- 10 cups of water
- 1 tbsp. whole cloves
- 1 tsp. allspice
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1/2 cup - 1 cup brown sugar (to taste)
- Core and quarter apples.
- In a crockpot, add all ingredients except the sugar and bourbon and cook on high for 4 hours, stirring occasionally.
- After 4 hours, use a potato masher and mash up the apples.
- Add the brown sugar, stir to combine, and cook on high for another 1-2 hours.
- Using a fine mesh strainer, strain the cider into a bowl. Place the mashed apples aside for later enjoyment (you’ve made applesauce!)
- Combine 1 shot of bourbon with your cup of cider. Enjoy!